Friday, March 10, 2017

Workroom is Done

As mentioned in a recent post, I had just two projects remaining to finish my workroom - organizing the closet and installing baseboards. I'm happy to report those are now done!

The tools and supplies in the closet had been organized, but in a random assortment of shoeboxes and crates. To make the storage more consistent and make better use of the space, I bought eight plastic boxes and consolidated/reorganized stuff. Then I printed labels... black and white damask because even utilitarian boxes deserve pretty labels. ;)

With two sets of plastic shelves, the small closet holds a lot of stuff.

As an aside... In the photo below, you can see how ridiculously narrow this room is -- 6 1/2 feet (just under 2 meters). It began as a reasonably sized bedroom 10 feet (3 meters) wide. Then the previous homeowners took space from it to make the laundry closet. (The wall to the right is the back wall of the laundry closet.)

After putting in the new flooring, I installed baseboards and shoe molding. While they're not exactly a prominent feature, I'm proud of them because I've finally had enough experience installing trim to get them right. Just look at that nicely mitered corner! ;) 

And with that, the workroom was done! :D

9 comments:

  1. Its look great now your craft room, and organised. I need to get my craft room organised at some point. I'm feeling inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on another job well done! Huzzah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whee, looks great! Probably everyone knows how difficult it is to keep a workroom organized XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is difficult, especially since I always seem to have multiple projects going at the same time.

      Delete
  4. You have me convinced that I can do things to my house as well. You are such an inspiration and I can't wait to try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray! :D That's so great to hear! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete