Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Do You Live Here?

Last week, I had a consultation with a structural engineer about a potential problem with my house. (Turned out to be much less of a problem than I had feared. What a relief!)

We were standing in my living room when one of his colleagues asked, "Do you live here?"

I was taken aback by this odd question. Clearly, I'm the homeowner... maybe he thinks I rent the place out?

So I answered simply, "Yes."

He said, "I mean, do you really LIVE here? Because it looks like no one lives here."



Oh!  Now I understand.

"Yeah, I'm kind of a neat freak."

Ha ha ha! :D

12 comments:

  1. Cleanliness is next to Gothiness. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your house always look amazing and tidy. I hope when I get into my new house I can adopt such discipline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a big change such as moving into a new house is a good impetus to adopt new habits. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Tidy feels peaceful to me, which is how I like my home to feel. :)

      Delete
  4. I like having a tidy home, but with a husband and a daughter who prefer not to pick up after themselves, by the time I come home after work, I'm really too tired to keep it as clean as I'd like. I'm jealous of your beautiful home, in all aspects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a realistic model for comparison. Except for my small, not-very-messy dogs, I have no one to clean up after. And with no family and no social life, I have pretty much unlimited time to tidy up and organize.

      Delete
  5. ...Oh, my goodness...What a beautiful home...But I live with a partner who doesn't like to clean, at least to the degree I would actually (and I suppose you would probably) consider clean...And I just get so tired cleaning after them all the time and...well, working 40 hours a day and...
    ...Anyway, it's depressing...

    What a BEEEAAAUUUUTIFUL home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been in a similar situation. I was frustrated with picking up after my roommate, and he felt persecuted. It's challenging when cohabitants aren't at the same place on the tidy scale.

      Thank you!

      Delete